Saturday 20 February 2016

Cleansing Routine

Hey guys!

I'm back after a short break, there has been so much happening lately, so to ease back into it, I've decided to do a post on the items I use when I cleanse. I do my routine twice a day, the evening is more intense then the morning, to be sure I get rid of any trace of make up from the day. 

I use a range of products, that are on both ends of the price spectrum, some are available in local stores, some are online, or in bigger department stores. 

So let's get started, to start I will explain my skin type, and these products are aimed at my skin type, however, I feel there could be products out there that are better suited to my skin type but I haven't found them yet. And obviously, not everyone has the same type of skin, so these products could be terrible for your skin. So do some research. 

My skin type is very dry and very sensitive. I extremely dry patches on my cheeks and my T-Zone. With that, my skin gets very tight and sometimes stings. I have to use really thick creams, and make sure I use as many natural products as I can, but I don't follow that as much as I should. So the chemicals/ingredients in these products do irritate my skin, hence the use of such thick creams. 

I am in no means a professional, I use it and that people would be disgraced by, and as always, I am not gonna be showing off with the items I use.


As you can see, this is everything that I use. 

To start off, I use the baby wipes (I know they are no good for your skin) this may make people think dear god no! But if they are good enough for a baby, why not on my face? As you can see, I use extra sensitive which are fragrance free. 

I stock up on these as I use a few at a time. And I use them twice a day. These are the only wipes that I have found that agree with my skin. I normally have a serious breakout/rash if I use cleansing wipes. 


One I have took off the top layer of dirt/ make up, I then use a cleansing water/cream cleanser/ cleansing balm. I use the water of a morning, and either a cream or balm on an evening. 

The cleansing water I use is the L'oreal micellar water. Again, I have tried loads, and although this makes my skin feel tight, I don't get a rash. I've used others that have caused me to have a really bad reaction. 

I just apply this to a cotton pad, and gently wipe my face, eyes and lips to get rid of any make up that may have stained. I find this really great to take off any stubborn eyeliner and mascara. It's really gently on the eyes. 

I tend to soak the cotton pad and rest it on my eyes then wipe away after a few seconds. It works wonders! 


Of an evening, I tend to use a deeper cleanser, I alternate these.. Depending on how my face feels. If I just need a gentle but deep cleans, I use Liz Earl's cleans and polish, with a muslin cloth. 

Liz Earl is beautiful, they have a wide range of products, including body was and shampoos. All of which are fantastic, and smells beautiful.

The cleans and polish is a great and easy way to give yourself a mini facial. All you need to do is apply the cleanser (a cream formula) over your face, eyes and lips. This is to be done on dry skin (not dampened). Once that has been applied, wet the cloth in warm water, and using circular motions, polish the cleanser off. Skin is left smooth. 


If I require a deeper cleans, then I go for elemis cleansing balm. You apply this the same as the Liz Earl cleans and polish, only before buffing it off you wet your hands and using circular motions just give your self a mini massage, the balm will turn to an oil consistency. After about 5 minutes just buff it off again using a Muslin cloth. 


After cleansing, I use a toner. This is to cool the skin down, and close any pores that have opened whilst cleansing. This is great, as it helps prevents spots, and any dirt enter your newly cleanser pores. 

There are many out there, and I've used a number of different ones, my favourites are the Liz Earl tonic boost, elemis apricot toner and the one that I'm currently using, which is by Lush. 

They are all used in the same way, for the same reason, to smooth skin and close pores. You apply it using a cotton pad over the face, eyes, and don't forget that neck! 


Finally, I use a face cream. I tend to use an Anti-Wrinkle cream as I'm a big believer in the day that Anti-Wrinkle products are a prevention. (I'm 24 and have been using anti-wrinkle products since I turned 21). 

However, the cream I use does change depending on the condition my skin is in. I usually go between Liz Earl's moisturiser and elemis pro collagen marine cream. Currently it's Elemis. However, for a few weeks I've been using E45 due to having server dryness. 


I apply this all over the face and neck, and it's lovely. It feels silky smooth, and leaves my face feeling soft. 

For those extra special pampers, I use a face mask, this is new to me, as I've never found one that doesn't leave me with a rash.. I've started using the quick fix facials calming clay mask for sensitive and red skin. It irritates my skin a little but it's the best one I've used yet. 

You apply a thick layer to your face, avoiding the eyes, and leave for 5 minutes and then wash off. 


As well as this, I exfoliate 2 times a week. I've been on the hunt for a great exfoliate, and I think I have finally found one. I'm currently using a tester pot. It's the Aloe Vera exfoliated from the body shop. 

It is great for sensitive skin as there is no fagrance, no colour, and the exfoliate beads are so small, but do an almighty job! I can't wait to actually purchase a full size. 


I must say, if you do have any skin issues and are looking for help, try the body shop. The staff are so lovely and so helpful. And if your unsure they supply you with free samples. 

What are your top skincare products? Do you have a product you can recommend? As I said I'm not an expert, but we can all help one another! 

Thank you for reading!!

Until next time :) 

X













No comments:

Post a Comment